An interview with Jane Hardwicke Collings
In this episode, we have the absolute delight of interviewing Jane Hardwicke Collings about women's rites of passage and how they shape our lives. We pay particular attention to the peri-menopause and the role of Autumn Women as leaders and change agents in the maternity system. This episode is jam-packed with intelligent, jaw-dropping and wonderful insights into womanhood.
Let us introduce Jane...
Jane Hardwicke Collings is a post menopausal grandmother. She was an intensive care and operating theatre nurse, and then a homebirth midwife for 30 years. Now her work focuses on teaching the Women’s Mysteries and writing about them. She gives workshops on mother and daughter preparation for menstruation, the spiritual practice of menstruation, and the sacred and shamanic dimensions of pregnancy, birth and menopause. Jane founded and runs The School of Shamanic Womancraft, an international Women’s Mystery School.
More about Jane
- Jane Hardwicke Collings' website: https://janehardwickecollings.com/
- School of Shamanic Womancraft website: https://schoolofshamanicwomancraft.com/
- Jane's forthcoming online courses:
Autumn women, harvest queen
Snake medicine: shedding menstrual shame
Mentioned in the podcast
- About Bloody Time by Karen Pickering & Jane Bennett: https://www.vwt.org.au/projects/about-bloody-time/
- Dr. Christiane Northrup. https://www.drnorthrup.com/
- More about the slang use of 'Karen': https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/karen/